Saturday, September 26, 2009

Wal Mart Freebie Trip

I wanted to see how much I could get for Free at Wal Mart. I've never been good at going and taking my time. For instance, I would regularly grab the toothpaste that cost the least, without looking at my coupon. Did you know that if it doesn't specifically say "Trial Size Excluded" you can get the travel/trial size with the coupon???

Here's what I did:
4 packs Huggies Flushable Wipes, $1.64 ea
Used: 2 $2/2 coupons, making each pack $0.64

2 Kraft Bagelfuls, OS $1.78 ea
Used 2 $1/1 Coupons, making each box $0.78

2 Travel sized Colgate Total Toothpaste, $0.97 ea
Used 2 $1/1 Colgate Total coupons, overage of $0.03 ea
Donating these to a local men's supply closet

4 Oral-B CrossAction Toothbrushes, Rollback to $3 ea
Used 2 BOGO Oral-B Toothbrush coupons, making each $1.50
Donating the free ones to a local men's supply closet

Yoplait Fiber One Multi Pack, $2.08
Used FREE product coupon received as part of a giveaway on another blog (cashier only keyed amount at $1.94 though, costing me $0.14...she was in a really bad mood way before my coupons "ruined her morning"...)

CoffeeMate Flavor Sticks, $1.12
Used BOGO, making each $0.56

24 pk. Crayola Crayons, $1.24
Used FREE wyb Peter Pan Peanut Butter coupon

Carefree Liners, $1
Used $1/1 coupon, FREE!
Donating to church supply closet

Peter Pan Peanut Butter, $1.94
Used $0.50/1 coupon (needed to buy to get free crayons)

Pace Queso, $2.78
Used $4/1 coupon I won from Pace's website, overage of $1.22

GV Syrup, $1.28
Needed for breakfast, no discount :(

Pounce Cat Treats, $1.52
Used BOGO, making them $0.76 each

Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Gel, $3.50
Used $1/1 coupon

Scrubbing Bubbles 2-in-1 Fresh Brush, $6.28
Used Get FREE wyb Toilet Gel...however the cashier (Miss Moody) keyed the amount for the Toilet Gel, costing me $2.78.

2 Kashi Cereal, $3.00 and $3.28
Used FREE product coupons (2 of them) that were mailed to me from Kashi. Again, the cashier messed up. She keyed both at $3, costing me $0.28.

GV Chips, $1.50
No discount :( but they taste good with the queso!

Total Value of Trip: $55.22
Total Out of Pocket Spent: $22.66
Total Saved: $32.56 (58.96%)
Cashier mistakes cost me $1.92

How would you have handled the cashier keying the wrong amounts? I was kinda afraid of her so I didn't say anything about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nicely pointing out you had
been overcharged. I have had this
happen many times--seems to happen
more frequently at Walmart and
Food City stores, very, very, rarely
at Krogers. I always watch the rung up prices as I have excellent recall
and unless I am extremely tired or in
a hurry, I always ask for a correction.